Monday, November 5, 2012

Custom Graphic: Iron Man Graffiti

For this assignment I had the idea to make a street view of a wall full of graffiti and I decided to use Iron Man as the wall art. I started by creating the concrete which I created from scratch. I made a blank document and chose a dark color which I then added textures such as the texturized and craquelure. I played around with each ones settings until I thought the texture looked realistic. I then turned the texture into a pattern and moved that into my project's document. I created another pattern for the background brick layer, which was a picture I found on Google. The only problem I ran into with this image was that when I turned it into a pattern, you could tell when each image was repeated. In order to fix this I used the patch and cloning tool throughout the wall. For Iron Man, I found another Google image. In order to create the Iron Man brush, I wanted a more graffiti look applied to it beforehand. Instead of changing the original image to grayscale and adjusting it using levels, I applied 3 different levels of thresholds to the image. Then I erased the darker parts of the threshold so each aspect of Iron Man could be seen clearly. Then, I changed it into a brush which I used for the blue and purple graffiti paints. However, I used the original threshold Iron Man so I could paint in different colors using the magic wand tool to select the different parts. I downloaded brushes that looked like spray paint splotches from QBrushes.net which I used all around the Iron Mans. I also used these brushes as erasers so I could get the color underneath to show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment